The workshop will receive EUROPEAN CREDITS.
The aims, objectives and outcome for the meeting are to:
08:00 - 08:30 Registration
08:30 - 08:45 Chair: Dr. Mihai Horga. Introduction. Speaker: Dr. Iolanda Blidaru
08:45 - 09:15 Contraception in Romania - achievements and future development. Speaker: Dr. Iolanda Blidaru
09:15 - 10:00 The importance of couselling and using evidences based prescribing of contraception using the WHO Medical Eligibility Criteria. Speaker: Dr. Katerina Sedlecky
10:00 - 11:00 Benefits and risks of contraceptives: Myths and Reality: an interactive session. Presenters: Dr. Katerina Sedlecky and Dr. Ali Kubba
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee break.
11:30 - 12:00 Emergency contraception. Speaker: Dr. Ali Kubba
12:00 - 12:30 Contraceptive needs of vulnerable groups including adolescents. Speaker: Dr. Paula Baraitser
12:30 - 13:30 "Who wants to be a Millionaire?" Interactive quiz game. Presenters: Dr. Iolanda Blidaru and Dr. Paula Baraitser
13:30 - 14:00 Final remarks, evaluation of the day and conclusions.
Official language: English
1. Dr. Ali Kubba, MB, ChB, FRCOG, FFSRH, Consultant Guy's and St. Thomas' Hospital, Kings College, London
2. Dr. Katerina Sedlecky, MD, PhD, specialist of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Head of the Republic Family Panning Centre, Institute for Mother and Child Health Care of Serbia
3. Dr. Paula Baraitser, Consultant in Sexual Health, Kings College Hospital and Senior Lecturer in Sexual Health/Global Health, Kings College London, Fellow of the UK Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health Care and Fellow of the UK Faculty of Public Health
4. Dr. Sarah Randall, Member of ESC Committee for Educational and Training Activities (CETA) and UKL Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare, International Affairs Committee(FSRH IAC)
5. Dr. Mihai Horga, MD, PhD, Senior Advisor East European Institute for Reproductive Health, Targu-Mures
6. Dr. Iolanda Elena Blidaru, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, "Gr. T. Popa" University of Medicine and Pharmacy, consultant in Obstetrics & Gynecology at "Cuza Voda" Obstetrics & Gynecology University Hospital, Iasi
Registration fee: 30 RON. Limited number of participants: 50.
Fees can be paid on spot or in Paloma Tours accounts opened at ING Bank Bucharest: IBAN RO 25 INGB 0001 0081 9877 8910 (RON).
Fees don't include VAT 24%. VAT will be applied if an invoice is required.
All bank transaction fees must be supported by registrant.
Fees paid shall not be refunded.
For registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com